by Victor Alberto Gil <vhanla>
This is a simple application written for Windows 7 that imitates the new Windows 8 UI for Tablets.
- Embedded browser based on IE.
- Application switcher (requires AERO Enabled).
You can change the Menu folder with your own start page.
You can change the logon picture, just paste in Pics folder and rename it to logon.jpg
I forgot to remove user.bmp from pics, just delete it and you will get your Windows profile picture instead.
How to use:
- It will launch a Windows 8 lock screen like, just swipe it up and you are ready to use it.
- Right side of the screen the Menu
- Left side of the screen the Application drag&drop switcher
- Connect: returns to embedded web browser
- Start: opens the index.htm in the embedded browser
To close the application:
- Right click the left side menu bar and there you can close, lock and/or view the about dialog.
- Search: Opens Bing.com in the embedded web browser
NOTICE: This is an alpha version, so there might occur some problems.
As a demo usage, it uses the beautiful start page EIGHT by flatmo1
with some minor modifications. Which you can modify or use your own
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, YOUR WIFE, YOUR PETS IS NOT THE
WINDOWS 8 IS A TRADEMARK REGISTERED TO MICROSOFT CORPORATION.